Welcome to Greater Hazleton... a great place to live, work and play!
Here are some quick facts about our area:
- 2.3 million people are within 50 miles
- 344,000 person workforce in a 30-mile commute shed
- 15 colleges and universities throughout the region
- Within a 300-mile radius of 25 percent of the population and total production of the entire nation
- More than half a million people within 25 miles
- More than 100,000 in the MSA with an associate’s degree or higher
Hazleton is located in Northeastern Pennsylvania at the edge of the Pocono Mountains. It comprises portions of southern Luzerne, northern Schuylkill, and western Carbon counties. The landscape features gentle mountains, pristine farmland, and majestic woodlands.
The City of Hazleton serves as the urban hub of the area, which also includes a number of boroughs and townships in portions of the three-county region.
The 23 communities that make up Greater Hazleton are home to more than 86,000 people. Interstates 80 and 81 intersect Greater Hazleton, providing direct highway access to nearly the entire country.
CAN DO, Inc., and the Greater Hazleton Chamber of Commerce have collaborated to create a four-page community profile of Greater Hazleton (PDF).